This year’s show is virtual! This makes for some changes in how quilts are sold.
Please read these guidelines carefully. There are many changes this year.
This year PVQA will not be the seller of the quilt/item. Your sale will be a private transaction between you and the buyer.
- PVQA will place your item(s) on the “Items for Sale” page where the public will be able to view items for sale.
- Interested buyers will send a message to the Quilt Show Sales Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Quilt Show Sales Coordinator will provide you, the seller, with the contact information of the prospective buyer(s) of your items(s).
- The sale will be a PRIVATE TRANSACTION between you and the buyer. PVQA will not be involved in the sale after this point.
- You and the buyer will agree on the payment method and delivery method, including any shipping costs or socially distanced personal delivery of the sold item.
- PVQA will not be collecting and remitting sales tax. If you make a sale, you are responsible for collecting and remitting sales tax if you are required to do so. For more information about your sales tax responsibilities go to: https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/faqseller.htm).
- PVQA will collect a fee for including your item on the sale page of the website. The fee will be 15% of the Sales Price of the item, not including shipping or taxes. Thus, you will receive 85% of the price listed on your item. Please price your items accordingly. To calculate the Sales Price, determine the amount you would like to receive. Divide this number by .85. Round up to nearest dollar.
A seller would like to receive $200 from the sale:
$200 ÷ .85 = $235.29
Round up to the nearest dollar
Sales Price would be listed as $236
85% to Seller =$200.60
15% to PVQA = $35.40
- If your item sells:
- Notify the Quilt Show Sales Coordinator immediately, so we can mark your item as SOLD on the website.
- The Quilt Show Sales Coordinator will send you a form to accompany your check for PVQA’s commission.
- Mail the form and a check to PVQA by March 30, 2021.
Please use the Quilt Show Sales Checklist that can be downloaded by clicking the link below:
If you have questions or need help, please email email@example.com.